[rpd] Appeal against softlanding-bis declaration of consensus

Eucharia Chimbuzor Nwachukwu eucharia.nwachukwu at uniport.edu.ng
Thu Jan 4 09:43:44 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,
I see from Omo response and corresponding response from Andrew that there's
more to what we are discussing on this matter. From my personal
observation, I deduce the following:
1. Omo and co submitted proposal.
2. Andrew and co sort for comprise on the proposal.
3. Omo and co refused to negotiate.
4. Andrew and co submitted a counter proposal with the aim of ensuring that
the first proposal doesn't get a concensus.
5. Andrew was happy to withdraw his proposal when both were advised to do
so because it was a dream come true. Omo and co wasn't happy with the
advice to withdraw because it seemed like Andrew has pushed his threat
successfully.
6. Omo and co amended the proposal and resubmitted and it was never turned
down by congregation rather the same group who stood against the proposal
kept objecting. The said proposal seems to satisfy the expectations of the
larger community including some of the appellants who have no issues with
the proposal but the process of passing it. Yet, a concensus can't be
achieved.
My submission: I want to ask, as a community, do we need to be strangulated
in this way? Should it be a norm that when your negotiation fails, the
community stands still? I see nothing bad in that proposal and it has to
pass in some way. Let us move forward, please!

Wishing all of us a prosperous and focused new year.

Eucharia Nwachukwu