[rpd] Competitions Tribunal Petition

caleb olumuyiwa muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 18:31:34 UTC 2017

Hello Andrew,
If you were re-elected a board member, would you have gone this far?
Just curious...

Caleb Ogundele

On Dec 29, 2017 6:01 PM, "Andrew Alston" <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

Everything stated here is done in my personal capacity and is not
necessarily representative of the views of any organization to which I am
affiliated.

It is a sad day when it comes to this – but due to the significant business
risks imposed by the potential ratification of the soft-landing policy, and
the boards lack of response to repeated queries as to AFRINIC’s violation
of Mauritian law – the time has come to now test these potential violations
and to see if there is any recourse.

Since this document contains direct reference to issues of policy that
would normally fall under the RPD – I am sending this to the list.  Those
who wish to join the petition to the competitions tribunal can print this –
sign it – and scan it back to me.  This document will be submitted to the
competitions tribunal within the next 14 days – to give people a chance to
digest its contents and decide for themselves if they believe they wish to
be party to this action.

Note: As per the rules of the competitions tribunal – any signatory on
these documents will be confidential and the names of the complainants will
not be disclosed to AFRINIC – so there is no risk of victimization here.
Any signed copies received by myself shall be held in strictest confidence
other than for the purposes of submission to the commission.

Please also note – the submission of this petition shall in no way
prejudice the right to potential litigation against AFRINIC should
companies and individuals feel that such is warranted.

Yours Sincerely

Andrew Alston