[rpd] Competitions Tribunal Petition

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Fri Dec 29 16:54:00 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Everything stated here is done in my personal capacity and is not necessarily representative of the views of any organization to which I am affiliated.

It is a sad day when it comes to this – but due to the significant business risks imposed by the potential ratification of the soft-landing policy, and the boards lack of response to repeated queries as to AFRINIC’s violation of Mauritian law – the time has come to now test these potential violations and to see if there is any recourse.

Since this document contains direct reference to issues of policy that would normally fall under the RPD – I am sending this to the list.  Those who wish to join the petition to the competitions tribunal can print this – sign it – and scan it back to me.  This document will be submitted to the competitions tribunal within the next 14 days – to give people a chance to digest its contents and decide for themselves if they believe they wish to be party to this action.

Note: As per the rules of the competitions tribunal – any signatory on these documents will be confidential and the names of the complainants will not be disclosed to AFRINIC – so there is no risk of victimization here.  Any signed copies received by myself shall be held in strictest confidence other than for the purposes of submission to the commission.

Please also note – the submission of this petition shall in no way prejudice the right to potential litigation against AFRINIC should companies and individuals feel that such is warranted.

Yours Sincerely

Andrew Alston