[rpd] Report on the Policy Proposal "AFPUB-2017-DNS-001-DRAFT-02" (Lame Delegations in AFRINIC Reverse DNS).

Ish Sookun ish at lsl.digital
Thu Dec 28 09:27:48 UTC 2017

Dear Co-Chairs,

I read the report on the Policy Proposal "AFPUB-2017-DNS-001-DRAFT-02"
(Lame Delegations in AFRINIC Reverse DNS). The conclusion of the
co-chairs is:

  « Co-chairs recommend the immediate ratification of Proposal (Lame
    Delegations in AFRINIC Reverse DNS) "AFPUB-2017-DNS-001-DRAFT-02" as
    Policy. »

Section 3.4.4 of the Policy Manual states the following:

  « The Working Group Chair(s) shall recommend the draft policy to the
    AFRINIC Board of Directors for approval if it has the consensus of
    the Policy Development Working Group. The recommendation shall
    include a report of the discussions of the draft policy and feedback
    from the Last Call. The draft policy shall be ratified by the
    AFRINIC Board of Directors. »

However, the conclusion of the co-chairs does not reflect what happened
during the discussions. The feedback from the Last Call was completely
omitted.

The report does not show whether there is consensus (apart from the
rough consensus mentioned at the Public Policy Meeting). I believe that
the conclusion part should have contained more information, so as a
person who did not follow the discussions on the RPD list gets a clear
picture.

Regards,

Ish Sookun