[rpd] Two more petitioners

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Dec 21 13:00:19 UTC 2017

On 21/12/2017 12:33, Noah wrote:

On 21 Dec 2017 10:37, "Mark Elkins" <mje at posix.co.za
<mailto:mje at posix.co.za>> wrote:

    We really need to "eat" the existing IPv4 up quickly (in a
    responsible way, using the current policy) in order to leave no
    alternative except IPv6 deployment. Then, everybody wins.

If we did what you have suggested above, we would end up starving so bad
and while starving, the IPv$ brokers would swing in so fast and dictate
the price of the readily available yet  much needed IPv4 space.

Starve - or change your diet - to IPv6.

There appears to be very little incentive to change attitudes and adopt
IPv6. If the IPv$ brokers arrive with high prices, people might just
start to notice the alternative.

> Service delivery to the end user we love so much would become so
> expensive in order to recover the cost.

Only for those unwilling to change.

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496