[rpd] Two more petitioners

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:12:11 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Andrew Alston
<Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:
>> So yes if you need a /11 you will instead get a /18 but it will allow
>> 127 more companies to get a /18. Does this sound unreasonable (during
>> a scarcity)?
>
> Actually – if one company is doing 20+ thousand new subscribers a month –
> and the other company is doing 500 subscribers a month

Now you see where you self contradict.

If your analogy were used when IANA had 5 /8s left, AfriNIC would have
got none of that.

> But – I guess for some this is all about their companies – forget the
> consumers that actually need to be connections today – forget the fact that
> we are meant to be trying to increase African penetration levels – TODAY –

Again if your analogy were used when IANA had 5 /8s left, AfriNIC
would have got none of that.

> forget the fact that while space languishes unused

Your comment above suggests that the industry has stopped growing.
Otherwise your comment of space languishing unused is absolutely
misguided.