[rpd] Opposition to the changes in the AfriNIC Soft Landing Policy

John Hay jhay at meraka.csir.co.za
Thu Dec 7 05:35:41 UTC 2017

Hi All,

A while back someone noted that RIPE was also busy with something similar,
although not exactly the same. After a long debate the proposal was
withdrawn. You can read the proposal and discussion from the links below.

https://www.ripe.net/participate/policies/archived-policy-proposals/archive-
policy-proposals/

You can follow the thread here in the September and October 2017 archives:

https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/address-policy-wg/

I'm against the proposed changes to the Soft Landing policy. I really do
not think it will do anything to promote IPv6 roll out and I think it will
slow down Internet roll outs to the people in Africa.

PS. Neither me nor the organisation I work for will benefit either way.

Regards

John