[rpd] FW: Opposition to the changes in the AfriNIC Soft Landing Policy

John Ngwoke john.ngwoke at unn.edu.ng
Wed Dec 6 09:14:10 UTC 2017

I am worried the way some of us are taking this soft landing - BIS. These
people sending in opposition letter through one person, are they really
community members?, If they are, then I wounder while they can not come out
them self to express their views and also hear the views of other community
member concerning the need of this proposal. If they have the time to write
those letters, I think they should also have time to join the mailing list
in this discussion. Does the community consider it right to treat someone
that is not so interested in the community views as a community member?.
I think we should look at the good side of this policy and the difficult
side and weigh them well. I know there are challenge and limitation of ipv4
address resources we can get but this will make us to start planing for
IPv6 so that before we exhaust the ipv4 block we can acquire, we will plan
development of IPv6 into our network.

I strongly support this proposal.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Alan Levin <alan at futureperfect.co.za> wrote:

> Oops sorry I wasn't finished..
>
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Alan Levin <alan at futureperfect.co.za>
> wrote:
>
>> I am surprised that we have not heard from these "Chairs", in fact I had
>> to look up who the chairs actually are...
>>
>> I believe that this page shows: https://afrinic.net/en/
>> community/policy-development/pdwg
>>
>> 1. Dewole Ajao
>>
> 2. Sami Salih
>
> Gentlemen, we clearly require your leadership here.
>
> Whilst I see the Board has been acquiring legal assistance to deal with
> their own group, we really don't want to get to that level here please.
>
> Dewole, Sami - you do not have sufficient support for this policy, please
> end this discussion and start a new one!
>
> Kind thanks
>
> Alan

*John C. Ngwoke (JP)*Head, Network section
ICT

*University of Nigeria*Nsukka 410001
*web: http://www.unn.edu.ng <http://www.unn.edu.ng/>*
*Mobile: +2348035723901, +23407017059403*
*Skype:  john.ngwoke*