[rpd] Softlanding-Bis decision appeal

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 09:17:42 UTC 2017

Your objections as stated before are iffy, out-of context, off-topic
and irrelevant to the spirit and principle behind soft landing.

The community will move forward and will not entertain ill intentioned
and malicious people hijacking a drive to protect a continent's
resource from pillaging.

redistribution of the last 5 /8s to each individual RIR was  premised,
and the actual problem statement in Soft Landing BIs which aligns
exactly with that original policy.

https://www.afrinic.net/library/policies/135-afpub-2009-v4-001

/////////////////////////////
The IANA pool of allocation units of IPv4 addresses (/8s) is
decreasing rapidly; and to continue applying a global coordinated
policy for distribution of the last piece(s) of each RIR's unallocated
address block does not match the reality of the situation in each RIR
region. Issues each RIR region will face during the exhaustion period
vary by region as the level of development of IPv4 and IPv6 are widely
different. As a result, applying a global coordinated policy may
adequately address issues in a certain region while it could not be
work for the others.

For example, in a region where late comers desperately need even small
blocks of IPv4 addresses to access to the IPv4 Internet, a policy that
defines the target of allocations/assignments of IPv4 address space to
the late comers would be appropriate in such region. This would allow
availability of IPv4 address space for such requirements for more
years.

Another example comes from difference in IPv6 deployment rate. For a
region where IPv6 deployment rate is low, measures may be necessary to
prolong IPv4 address life for the existing business as well as for new
businesses until networks are IPv6 ready. Some regions may have strong
needs to secure IPv4 address space for translators.

A globally coordinated policy which addresses all issues listed above
(and/or others) to meet the needs for all RIR regions may result in
not solving issues in any of the regions. So a new global policy
proposal , a revised version of policy proposals "AFPUB-2007-v4-001"
and "AFPUB-2007-v4-002", is proposed to replace the current "on
demand" policy for allocating of the remaining IPv4 address space to
RIRs.

You and your so-called friends MUST stop wasting the community's time.

Africa will move forward irrespective. Neocolonialism is so last century.