[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Aug 18 19:01:48 UTC 2017

On 18 Aug 2017 9:36 p.m., "Hountomey Jean Robert" <jrhountomey at gmail.com>
wrote:

Dear Chairman,

Thank you for your response.

I understand that the Board is free to implement what it deems appropriate
for the Appeal Committee and I thank the board for the exercise of
transparency.

However, I am grateful for your consideration of the observations below. My
proposal and recommendations are at goo.gl/2gSoKT

(I have sent a PDF version to the Board as well)

1. Suggestion for future “request for input from the community”

For future requests for input from the community,  please implement a web
form where  we can post comments.

It will avoid back and forth messages, and unnecessary spam including off
topics email threads.

+1

2. The matter

As specified in Section 3.5 of the Consolidated Policy Manual, this is
related to a disagreement with the action taken by the PDWG Chair(s).

While following the RPD mailing list appears as an advantage, it is not be
a requirement.

Anyone with sound judgment and integrity can sit in the Appeal Committee.

+1

3. AfriNIC Critical Success factors

I recall the AfriNIC’s critical success factors as you can read here
https://www.afrinic.net/en/about/origins

+100

4. Responsibilities

The Internet Community has entrusted AfriNIC and its community to manage
block of number resources.

Let's not run away from responsibilities when things are difficult.

If we cannot trust the resilience of our community and our ability to raise
above personal agendas, I wonder who can trust us.

+100

5.  AFRINIC Service Region

All reference to AfriNIC’s service region (or region) in the document is as
defined at https://afrinic.net/en/about/service-region

+100

6. Community

Community refers to the definition of RIR Communities as defined by the NRO.

https://www.nro.net/about-the-nro/regional-internet-registries/

+1

Thank You.