[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Eddy Kayihura ekayihura at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 10:01:50 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have to admit it is very sad to see where we have reached at as a
community.

I have friends from both sides that seems to be at war and I have failed to
understand what is at stake. Maybe I am not looking hard enough or have not
searched deep enough.

In a family, when there is conflict and people still do want to keep the
family fabric alive, people sit down and discuss matters sometimes with
neutral wise men (and women in our generation).

Do you think there is still a small chance for our community to stay
united? We don't need to agree on all but should keep the interests of the
community at heart.

These debates have become so toxic that it is hard to focus on what's
important. With this bottom up process we don't distribute red cards and
everyone can add his sauce on the mix (even me with no understanding on the
discussed topic :-)

I don't think we are a community that can evolve with consensus any more
since we have allowed these diverging opinions and camps to divide us so
much. It is no longer what it used to be: "a group of geeks working
together for the good of the Internet as well as the continent."

My humble proposal is to zoom out a bit and seat at a virtual round table
with the intention to dilute each sides toxic glass.

Not sure how this would work but hope the wise men and women can know how
to moderate such debate.

Hoping we still have those wise persons in this community...

My 2 cents...