[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Wed Aug 2 16:29:54 UTC 2017

> On 2 Aug 2017, at 10:53, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>

> For Seats 3 and 4:   I wonder if other RIR's have provisions that require members from the AFRINIC region to seat in their appeal committees?
>
> I fail to understand the rational around selecting 2 members from 2 different RIR's as if the AFRINIC community lacks people within our region who can fill up seats 3 and 4.
>

> For Seat 5: A current or past chair or vice chair of the NRO NC/ASO AC, who is not from the AFRINIC region.
>
> What is the rational behind this?  I mean the Afrinic board cant find, out of a continent with 1.2 billion people, one person from within the AFRINIC numbering or names community who can take up seat 5?.

+1.    I also fail to see the rational.  Requiring others from outside our community to adjudicate on matters connected with African realities and contexts is fraught with issues and bias as can already be observed in the PDP.

—
Omo Oaiya
CTO/Directeur Technique, WACREN
Mobile: +234 806 4522778, +221 784 305 224
Skype: kodion
http://www.wacren.net