[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Aug 2 14:53:16 UTC 2017

Dear Afrinic Board Chair,

I almost missed this and I have quickly gone through it and I want to thank
you for your effort ref: this Appeal Committee Terms of Reference, however,
I have some questions section 2.?

Seats 1 and 2: Two of the past chairs or past co-chairs of the AFRINIC
policy development working group (PDWG).

+1 and in support of the selection of seat 1 and 2 as those make sense.

For Seats 3 and 4:   I wonder if other RIR's have provisions that require
members from the AFRINIC region to seat in their appeal committees?

I fail to understand the rational around selecting 2 members from 2
different RIR's as if the AFRINIC community lacks people within our region
who can fill up seats 3 and 4.

For Seat 5: A current or past chair or vice chair of the NRO NC/ASO AC, who
is not from the AFRINIC region.

What is the rational behind this?  I mean the Afrinic board cant find, out
of a continent with 1.2 billion people, one person from within the AFRINIC
numbering or names community who can take up seat 5?.

Cheers,
Noah