[rpd] AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Mon Jul 31 09:39:36 UTC 2017

Not that simple Fabian,

Because you have to cater for a level of growth as you transition - our current burn rate on space even  doing all we can to slow it down - would result in us burning through a /18 in less than 3 months - and probably significantly less.

That's without certain large scheduled projects that are coming.

If I can't get IP space - or if I have to turn to the secondary market - once what we have available is used - projects will either cease or consumer costs will have to rise - someone has to pay for the secondary market pricing.

We have a policy of not charging for IP space given to clients at the moment - implementation of this policy may well force that to change - and right now - we are working around the clock to ensure that if space is all gone by the time we need more - we are ready with pure v6 and translation mechanisms so we can repurpose space - but passing this policy now - I guarantee you would end up having a negative effect on consumers.

We say the space is for growth in the African market - well right here - you have an African provider saying - this policy could hurt the consumer and hurt that growth - and it's coming from the provider that has a larger end user v6 deployment than any other company on this continent - that's hard fact - look at the v6 statistics in Zimbabwe to verify it.

Please - think carefully about this policy - it is dangerous and damaging

Andrew