[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Tue Jul 25 06:12:01 UTC 2017

The minutes of the AFRINIC-26 meeting in Nairobi <https://afrinic.net/en/library/policies/archive/ppm-minutes/2145-afrinic-26-public-policy-minutes> do nto mention anything about that.  Is the support for fast-tracking documented somewhere else?

In terms of “Varying the Process” in CPM section 3.6 <https://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/1829-afrinic-consolidated-policy-manual#s3_6>, the process is:

>> 3.6 Varying the Process
>>
>> The process outlined in this document may vary in the case of an emergency. Variance is for use when a one-time waiving of some provision of this document is required. The decision to vary the process is taken by the Working Group Chair. There must be an explanation about why the variance is needed. The review period, including the Last Call, shall not be less than four weeks. If there is consensus, the policy is approved and it must be presented at the next Public Policy Meeting.

So, there whould have to be an emergency, and there would have to be a decision taken by the Working Group Chair (or co-chairs, I assume).

Alan Barrett