[rpd] "No Reverse Unless Assigned" policy

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Thu Jul 20 15:25:46 UTC 2017

Hello,
> On 19 Jul 2017, at 17:42, Arthur Carindal <arthur at afrinic.net> wrote:
>

> Dear Alain
>

> Please find below some statistics
>

>> On 13 Jul 2017, at 18:31, ALAIN AINA <aalain at trstech.net <mailto:aalain at trstech.net>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 23 May 2017, at 04:10, Ernest <ernest at afrinic.net <mailto:ernest at afrinic.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Alain,

>>> Yes. We are in the process of compiling inconsistencies in version
>>> 1.0 of the CPM, towards producing version 2.0. Thank you for
>>> pointing this out.

>>> Yes.

> On 21 July 2016, we recorded 188 members not complying with the No Reverse Unless Assigned” policy.

How many were they when the policy took effect?

>  Since that date we have been sending reminders to register PA assignments. As of 30 June 2017, only 88  (46% of these 188)  are still non compliant.

That represents how many domain objects ?

Do we know the reasons for non-compliance :

 Lack of contacts(incorrect  contacts) ?
 Understanding of the problem being solved ?
 Difficulties with registering the PA assignments ?
 Etc?

>>> We will provide this information shortly.
>

> AFRINIC has not yet deleted any of these delegations however the non-compliant members can’t proceed with rDNS service until they registered all PA assignments.

Could you please elaborate a bit here ?

Thanks

—Alain