[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Thu Jul 13 08:52:30 UTC 2017

Noah,

On 12 July 2017 at 23:19, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2017 5:41 p.m., "David Hilario" <d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:04 PM, David Hilario
>> <d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net> wrote:
>>>

> Those reviews are not aimed at de-registration of resources, they
> simply do not go down that path.
> Listen to the very comments from the respective registration managers
> that were in Mauritius and commented on that very topic.
> I am glad you were in the room, listen back to their comments again as
> you are only remembering half of what they said.
>

> David,
>
> Speculation and fearmongering aside.

Please explain the "fearmongering" comment, this is the second time you use it.
Is expressing concerns over potential decisions eq?

> Ok lets put fraud aside and look at ARIN review policy from a compliance
> point of view and I will quote again.
>
> ARIN
>
> https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#twelve
>
> And below is the content of ARIN NRP section 12. Subsection 4 (1) and (2)
>
> 4. Organizations found by ARIN to be materially out of compliance with
> current ARIN policy shall be requested or required to return resources as
> needed to bring them into (or reasonably close to) compliance.
>
> The degree to which an organization may remain out of compliance shall be
> based on the reasonable judgment of the ARIN staff and shall balance all
> facts known, including the organization's utilization rate, available
> address pool, and other factors as appropriate so as to avoid forcing
> returns which will result in near-term additional requests or unnecessary
> route de-aggregation.
> To the extent possible, entire blocks should be returned. Partial address
> blocks shall be returned in such a way that the portion retained will
> comprise a single aggregate block.
>

> What does the above mean in alay mans lingo considering English is foreign
> to me.

You got replies from Several people, all confirming that ARIN is not
auditing their members with De-registration as a goal.

ARIN simply will not de-register resources from active members, for
deeper understanding of their policies and procedures, you are better
off asking them on their mailing lists, you want an answer that is not
true.

You had the Registration services manager of ARIN at an AFRINIC
meeting stating the same thing, you were there, did you watch the
video btw?

My point was and remains, that you cannot use the argument that
AFRINIC needs this policy because the others have similar policies, as
this is simply not true.

> Cheers
> Noah

David Hilario

IP Manager

Larus Cloud Service Limited

p: +852 29888918  m: +359 89 764 1784
f: +852 29888068
a: Flat B5, 11/F, TML Tower, No.3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
w: laruscloudservice.net
e: d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net