[rpd] BOARD Response: Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jul 13 05:53:13 UTC 2017

Mr. Chair,

With all due respect, this is an untenable position. Placing the very co-chairs that are being appealed as gatekeepers to the appeals process creates such a blatant conflict of interest that I find it utterly stunning that you would propose such a thing.

The appeal process must be open to the community when the community determines that the co-chairs have failed to reach such an accommodation, not the other way around.

If the co-chairs are allowed to make this determination, co-chairs that do not want their decision appealed have an open invitation to stall any appeal as long as they wish.

As such, I beg you to reconsider this decision and restore integrity into the PDP for the good of the community.