[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Jul 12 17:11:29 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:

> Hi Noah,
>

> It is understandable that there is confusion, but yes, to be crystal
> clear, ARIN does not really care whether the resources are utilized and
> they will not revoke even if none of them are used at all. I am an ARIN
> member with an allocation, and I can put it on the shelf forever, unused,
> so long as I pay my dues.

Can we at least get serious. Why would ARIN allocate a member resources
which an entity would put in some shelf unused just because that entity
pays its membership dues. So for ARIN its about paying, this is what you
are saying.

So why would ARIN as an RIR then bother itself with the below as per
https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#twelve.

ARIN may conduct such reviews:

   1. when any new resource is requested,
   2. whenever ARIN has reason to believe that the resources were
   originally obtained fraudulently or in contravention of existing policy, or
   3. whenever ARIN has reason to believe that an organization is not
   complying with reassignment policies, or
   4. at any other time without having to establish cause unless a full
   review has been completed in the preceding 24 months.

But I understand, yours is more about [1] , so you completely make sense.

Cheers,
Noah

[1] iptrading.com