[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Jul 12 16:21:41 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:

> Hi Noah,
>

> Section 12 of the ARIN NRPM does not allow for revocation of resources for
> lack of utilization for original purpose.
>
> Nor does the ARIN RSA enable ARIN to revoke and recover addresses for lack
> of utilization.

Hi Mike,

So you mean ARIN with allocate and assign resources to an entity and ARIN
would not really care whether the resources is utilized and as such they
would not revoke it if I am reading you crystal clear.

But then, why does ARIN have the below sections on *compliance* and what
does compliance mean to ARIN. See bold sections.

12. Resource Review

   1. - removed
   2. - removed
   3. - removed
   4. Organizations found by ARIN to be *materially out of compliance with
   current ARIN policy *shall be requested or required to *return resources
   *as needed to bring them into (or reasonably close to) *compliance*.
      1. The degree to which an organization may remain out of *compliance*
      shall be based on the *reasonable judgment of the ARIN staff *and
      shall balance all facts known, including the organization's utilization
      rate, available address pool, and other factors as appropriate
so as to *avoid
      forcing returns which will result in near-term additional requests or
      unnecessary route de-aggregation.*
      2. To the extent possible, entire blocks should be *returned*.
      Partial address blocks shall be returned in such a way that the portion
      retained will comprise a single aggregate block.

Sorry english is foreign to me, so more clarification for me since
compliance to me i believe is related to utilisation.

Cheers,
Noah