[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Wed Jul 12 09:06:37 UTC 2017

On 12 July 2017 at 11:30, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2017 9:47 a.m., "Bill Woodcock" <woody at pch.net> wrote:
>

> 18 Against:
> "chenghn at chinaccsi.com" <chenghn at chinaccsi.com>
> Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
> Bastein Li <bastienlee at qq.com>
> Christopher Mwangi <christopher.mwangi at liquidtelecom.com>
> David Hilario <d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net>
> Derrick Harrison <derrick.harrison at sonictelecoms.co.za>
> Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com>
> Kris Seeburn <seeburn.k at gmail.com>
> Lu Heng <h.lu at anytimechinese.com>
> Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za>
> Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu>
> McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com>
> Mike Silber <silber.mike at gmail.com>
> Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at controlfreak.co.za>
> Noah <noah at neo.co.tz>
> S Moonesamy <sm+afrinic at elandsys.com>
> Saul Stein <saul at enetworks.co.za>
>

> Hi Bill
>
> on the contrary, I actually support the policy just like other folks which
> is why it reached the last call. This policy would enable AFRINIC just like
> ARIN,  RIPE NCC and other RIR to effect compliance.

Noah,

This simply isn't true.

ARIN and RIPE NCC review of their members are:
A: non intrusive, they are not re-evaluating their allocations.
B: not targeted at de-registration as a goal.

Claiming that this is to align with the other RIR is misleading
AFRINIC community as a whole, and when repeated so many times highly
damaging to the notion of how the other RIR functions.

There are fundamental difference between ARIN and RIPE NCC and their
communities, but both sides are very keen on not having active LIR
having their resources being re-evaluated for better use after they
have been issued years ago.

The so called de-registration page is about "fraud" where falsified
documents were provided, usually, registration papers in take over of
resources.

RIR representatives were even asked about that at the last meeting in
Mauritius, Leslie the ARIN Registration services manager confirmed,
de-registration only happens in frauds.

RIPE NCC never de-registers resources from an active LIR either,

Repeating the same misinformation will not make the policies and
procedures from the other RIR change.