[rpd] AFRINIC Policy Development Process Bis Proposal: the way forward

Ornella GANKPA honest1989 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 09:30:12 UTC 2017

Dear all,

The community was hoping that co-chairs will moderate the discussion on
the list and keep it policy related in order to maintain an objective
and  constructive debate.

The co-chairs should also urge community members from philanthropic
organisation, aid agencies and experts on lecturing others to move
non-related policy discussions on Community discussion list.

Unfortunately the current PDP doesn't mandate co-chairs to moderate
debate on the rpd list.

The latest (derailed) dicussions around this proposal [1] prove yet
again that the current PDP is not efficient and does not reflect the
experience and maturity this community has achieved along the years.

We need to improve our pdp and empower co-chairs by providing good
mechanisms to moderate the PDWG efficiently[2].

[1]https://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/2073-internet-number-resources-review-by-afrinic

[2]https://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/2083-afrinic-policy-development-process-bis

Best regards,

Honest Ornella GANKPA