[rpd] AFRINIC Policy Development Process Bis Proposal: the way forward

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Jun 22 14:23:34 UTC 2017

Hi Community,

Above and beyond the improvements this policy will bring on board, I
believe the co-chairs for some roles or events, one of them definitely
takes more responsibilities than the other and in fact other RIR
communities have similar models like the one this policy is addressing *[1]*
.

I personally think it's wise that we improved our pdp and adopted the chair
and co-chairs model since it also used within the APNIC working
group/community.

I therefore support this policy and what it's addressing including the
adoption of the "chair and co-chair" model.

Cheers,
Noah

*[1]* https://www.apnic.net/community/participate/sigs/sig-guidelines/

1.5. Chair
A Chair is responsible for coordinating the activities of a SIG, BoF, or
WG. The role of Chair is voluntary.

1.6. Co-Chair
Co-Chairs work with the Chair to coordinate the activities of a SIG, BoF,
or WG. The role of Co-Chair is voluntary.