[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Wed Jun 28 08:05:47 UTC 2017

On 27 June 2017 at 20:10, Mukom Akong T. <mukom.tamon at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 June 2017 at 17:50, Lu Heng <h.lu at anytimechinese.com> wrote:
>>
>> Mr.Cheng have speaked in the policy discussion before, and attended few
>> AFRINIC meetings, yes, they may not active following mailing list like some
>> of your guys did, but their achievement that allows billions of AFRICAN to
>> access internet in this very continent give them every rights to express
>> their view on the policy.
>

> BILLIONS?!!!!
> Africa has about 1.2 billion, not even half that number is online. So that
> statement cannot be correct.

I believe the insults thrown around were totally out of place
regardless of who they are and how many people they help getting
Internet access!

Did you check who they are and what they do btw?

Since they provide the infrastructure that ISPs and telco use and they
are one of if not the largest supplier in the world:
http://www.chinaccsi.com/en/worldwide.php

Stating they provide access to billions of people is not too far
fetch, even though, yes it will not be purely in Africa.

We can play with words and numbers as much as we like, but one cannot
deny that their presence is real and their contribution in developing
the infrastructure can be felt wherever they are.

Freely insulting participants (new one at that) to the list is surely
more shocking than erroneous numbers.

> --
>
> Mukom Akong T.
>
> LinkedIn:Mukom  |  twitter: @perfexcellent

David Hilario

IP Manager

Larus Cloud Service Limited

p: +852 29888918  m: +359 89 764 1784
f: +852 29888068
a: Flat B5, 11/F, TML Tower, No.3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
w: laruscloudservice.net
e: d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net