[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 17:21:08 UTC 2017

>> Some of we know legitimate Chinese company invest in Africa (real
>> investment)  longterm. Those we will protect, always. But they are also
>> shady ones and not hard to identify.
>>

> Sure, there always illegal ones, but those are government and police's
> business, if you think anything doing illegal business, please report them
> to the police.
>
> The point here is, we should require AFRINIC to be that police, that's a
> dangers move for AFRINIC.

My point is these: when AfriNIC finds by some means that some company is
violating the terms of use of the resources that was allocate to it,
AfriNIC is obligate to reclaim those resource. That does not require policy.

>>> Africa today has the true opportunities to start flash with IPv6 and not
>>> repeating mistake of IPv4 in which many other countries has made in past
>>> years, if I ware you, I will stand by it and work hard to make AFRICA the
>>> no.1 internet continent on the planet, so in the future, not only every
>>> AFRICAN have access to the IPv6 internet, but you also teach the rest of
>>> the world how IPv6 works, that is a future you should grab on.
>>>

>> +100.
>> Also, African deploying IPv6 don't mean we should not try to stop plunder
>> of African resource. That the real issue here. Is this policy the answer? I
>> don't know.
>>

> IPV4 is over, stop whatever with IPv4 on a great cost is not worth it, I
> hope you would agree me on this.

Sure it is.  But number of shady company suddenly becoming passionante
about Internet development in Africa just when IPv4 is finished in other
RIR makes me scatch my head: "WHAT IS GOING ON?"!!"

--
Borg le Chevalier