[rpd] AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Jun 15 16:27:32 UTC 2017

Hi Alain,
At 05:51 15-06-2017, ALAIN AINA wrote:
>Allow me to contribute to this
 inline

Thanks.

>How does board member position create a Conflict
>of Interest  for policy discussions?  In this
>case, how does AFRINIC BoD Conflict of Interest
>Policy( if there is any) address this?

This Board member has a legal obligation towards
Afrinic Ltd.  I noticed some comments about the
legal aspects in the staff assessment report for
AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04.  I cannot overlook
that even though the proposal attained consensus
at the last public policy meeting.

There was a resolution in November 2016 about a
requirement to disclose conflict of
interest.  I'll look into the question which you asked about "Policy".

>A second reading from the legal counsel or an
>advice from a different legal counsel? We shall
>all be happy to hear from they say.

It may be easier if the authors ask the Working
Group Chairs to request a legal analysis.    The
alternatives are complicated.

>There have been lots of confusions and
>misunderstandings about  the "Appeal Procedure" as proposed by the document.

I read the messages about that.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy