[rpd] Question about the current soft landing policy...

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Wed Jun 7 17:42:52 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

I'll disclosure to the Policy Development Working
Group that I am currently serving as Board
member.  I am not speaking on behalf of the Board.

At 20:13 06-06-2017, Andrew Alston wrote:
>So, I was looking at the current soft landing policy – and I’m now confused –
>
>According to the history of the policy as per what is published:
>
>On the 28th of May 2011 the last call completed
>and the PDWG co-chairs declared no consensus.

[snip]

>So – if that history is correct on the policy –
>the ratification of the policy is not valid
>since it is a violation of the PDP process –
>does anyone have any archives that go back this
>far so we can get a real history on the current
>policy and check its validity please?

There is some information missing in the History
Section.  The Outgoing Interim co-chairs did a
handover [1].   McTim or Paulos may be able to
comment about what happened after that as they took over as co-Chairs.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2011/001759.html