[rpd] Anti-Shutdown-02 Proposal

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Thu Jun 1 05:02:45 UTC 2017

And section 4 of  the IANA’s report on recognition of AfriNIC as a Regional Internet Registry(1) reads :

====
4) Neutrality and impartiality in relation to all interested parties, and particularly the LIRs

The AfriNIC application satisfies Principle 4. AfriNIC is an independent, not-for-profit, and open membership association. The submitted AfriNIC bylaws and policies provide for equal treatment, fair distribution of resources, and impartial treatment of members and requestors. As reaffirmed in AfriNIC’s application:

The AfriNIC organizational structure is set to encourage a bottom-up self governance management model where policies and other organizational functions are determined by the community in general and members who elect representatives that sit on the Board of Directors.

As confirmed by the NRO, AfriNIC’s activities during the transition period have demonstrated full compliance with these principles.

========

Principle 4 of the ICP-2 which defines criteria for establishment of new regional internet registries (2)

(1) https://www.iana.org/reports/2005/afrinic-report-08apr2005.html

(2) https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/new-rirs-criteria-2012-02-25-en

Thanks

—Alain