[rpd] Withdrawal of Soft Landing SD Proposal

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Wed May 31 10:21:54 UTC 2017

Dear PDWG members,
Following today's session, we the authors of the Soft Landing SD Proposal
have decided to withdraw it.

While we feel strongly about the justification for updating the Softlanding
Policy, we feel that given the current v4 trend at AFRINIC, our efforts
could be moot by the next meeting.

Should members of the community feel that there are provision in this
proposal that merit further use-- including in the IPv4 Soft Landing-BIS
Proposal -- we welcome you to borrow.

We would also like to clarify that when we first drafted this proposal we
didn't set out to create a second/competing proposal. Our actions were
premised on the knowledge that discussions between the two proposals
updating the Softlanding Policy at the time had reached an impasse, and
that no substantive replacements had been put forward.