[rpd] Board Election 2017: Final Candidate Slate

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Mon May 22 09:45:15 UTC 2017

On 5/22/17, 11:53 AM, "Chevalier du Borg" <virtual.borg at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:

> stating that formal learning is globally accepted as being critical for leadership capabilities is far fetched.

when i look at your RIPE Board each individual is a distinguished
achiever both academically and professionally. your chair studied at
one of the best universities in the world.

He did not say we ignore their academic achievement.
He actually say their professional achievement is much important, even more than academic one

So “professional” covers many facets.  I might be the best routing expert in the world but very little business acumen.  And Vis Vasa.

So whats the Job to be done as a board member of an RIR??.

The best routing expert might not have the necessary skill sets for this role.

I believe this thread is really asking whether as Afrinic we have set up the right criteria to get the best leadership for the current and near challenges.

Reference has been made to CEO’s without the qualifications succeeding.  Please go back and look at the board make up of all those CEO’s organizations, and I can guarantee you they will mostly have MBA’s PHD’s etc.

 Regards

BN