[rpd] Board Election 2017: Final Candidate Slate

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Mon May 22 09:13:41 UTC 2017

> That being said, talent exists in many forms, some of the greatest minds
> in tech world does not hold a university degree, in fact, studies shows CEO
> without university degree get paid more than the ones have.

how much one earn is not indication of how good someone is. How much result
that person get for the company over long long period of time is. There is
many study on this. Start with HBR study of 100 best CEO of all time. If
you want more (from a management professor), pick "Managers Not MBAs" book
by Henry Mintxberg

> If a person at his/her 20s, flash out of campus, academic achievement
> might be very important as he/she might not have done anything else yet.

For board position, if you must insist on academic degree, at leats make it

(Business) MBA,  or (Law) LLM  and NOT engineering or IT. If you don't
understand why, then u must go read again what the job of board is -- it is
not to build network or write app. It is to help run company (strategy,
bugeting, competition, deals, partnership)

> But when a person at their 30s, 40s, 50s,  I would consider their life
> achievement to be far more important factor than a master degree he/she
> obtained 20 years ago.

and if they still push their academic achievement, it is because maybe not
have any accomplishment to show.

--
Borg le Chevalier