[rpd] Board Election 2017: Final Candidate Slate

Lu Heng h.lu at anytimechinese.com
Mon May 22 09:01:58 UTC 2017

Hi

Being the oldest RIR of all, RIPE started in university campus with a lot
of tech geeks, thus many of senior folks in RIPE community have an academic
background.

That being said, talent exists in many forms, some of the greatest minds in
tech world does not hold a university degree, in fact, studies shows CEO
without university degree get paid more than the ones have.

If a person at his/her 20s, flash out of campus, academic achievement might
be very important as he/she might not have done anything else yet.

But when a person at their 30s, 40s, 50s,  I would consider their life
achievement to be far more important factor than a master degree he/she
obtained 20 years ago.

On 22 May 2017 at 10:45, Ornella GANKPA <honest1989 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jackson
>
> Honest Ornella GANKPA
>
> Le 22/05/2017 à 09:31, Jackson Muthili a écrit :
> > On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl>
> wrote:
> >> stating that formal learning is globally accepted as being critical for
> leadership capabilities is far fetched.
> > you are clearly as delusional as your statement above
> >
> > is this something you are wishing specifically on AfriNIC?
> >
> > when i look at your RIPE Board each individual is a distinguished
> > achiever both academically and professionally. your chair studied at
> > one of the best universities in the world.
> Same thing for ARIN's board.... One could say this is mere coincidence
> but even that statement is highly doubtfull....
>

> >> Limiting it to some academic "elite" (which is what such requirements
> feel like to me to be honest) would be very bad for this community.
> > why is it not bad for RIPE yet bad for AfriNIC??
> We are in Africa. It is expected from us to lower our standards and
> expectations....
>
> > -J

> ---
> logiciel antivirus Avast.