[rpd] Board Election 2017: Final Candidate Slate

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Sun May 21 09:25:03 UTC 2017

On 5/20/17, 9:22 AM, "Walubengo J" <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

Interesting...academic papers, technical capabilities?

All nice and good to have.

But remember board positions are LEADERSHIP rather than academic or technical positions.

If I may a good academic foundation has globaly been accepted as basis for LEADERSHIP.  It is critical for people who aspire for leadership roles to have the necessary academic discipline.

Whenever a solid academic foundation has been ignored we have elevated individuals into leadership roles and suffered negative outcomes.

When I say solid  academic foundation,  I mean at least a  diploma or degree in any discpline

Asking candidates to provide for example 3 published papers in refereed journals or certifications in Cisco, Unix or Security may miss the point since you are not hiring an 'EMPLOYEE'. In other words, having academic publications is good but not a reliable predictor of an effective board member.

walu
Disclaimer: Speaking In my own capacity.