[rpd] Board Election 2017: Final Candidate Slate

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Sun May 21 04:40:40 UTC 2017

> Has this ever been required for being a candidate for AfriNIC Board
> member?
>
> No! So let's not exaggerate things and create unnecessary and time wasting
> discussions.
>

> But fact is that AfriNIC deserves to have highly qualified women and men
> in its Board.

yes! board competence matter most. i think every year we should check
quality of applicant for board seat to give indication of AFRINIC community
maturity.

if someone apply for board position and post CV of his technical skills and
show nothing like

- he have manage a team before
- he know how create, communicate and deploy strategy
- he have expertise in some area of benefit to the company (internet law,
big connections with international political organisation etc)
- active participation in AFRINIC community. note that following are not
active participation at this level of someone who want to be board
          +1, +2, +100 in mailing list
            "i support last speaker
           professional attender of meeting by sponsorship or i.e.
sponsored conference tourism

we should also see if this person has ever challenge higher authority (as
board member you must be confortable challenge and disagree with CEO and
other 'big' people.

--
Borg le Chevalier