[rpd] Board Election 2017: Final Candidate Slate

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sun May 14 09:02:51 UTC 2017

Hi Ish,

I've held a position on NomCom probably more times than anyone else and
believe I can answer this question.

NomCom does not look for Citizens, it looks for Residents - that is -
people that live in the country or region.
There is no point in having a Citizen of (lets pick on) Mauritius who
now lives in the USA and has done for the past ten years, standing for a
position within AFRINIC.

On the other hand, it makes perfect sense for an American who now lives
and works in Mauritius as a permanent resident for the past ten years,
who is involved within the community, standing for a position.

That is, NomCom looks for residents.

I am sure that AFRINIC will soon have all candidate profiles for view on
the AFRINIC Website, as is the normal practise. It will include their
application information (nominators - etc), Photo, CV/résumé and any
other information that the NomCom may have gathered about the candidates.

On 14/05/2017 10:30, Ish Sookun wrote:
> Hi Wale,
>
> On 12/05/17 23:29, Wale Adedokun wrote:
>> NomCom2017 is pleased to announce the following final candidate slate for the open seats on the AFRINIC Board:
>>
>> Indian Ocean
>> 1.	Subramanian Moonesamy
>> 2.	Krishna Seeburn
>> 3.	Kaleem Ahmed Usmani
>> 4.	Lala Andriamampianina
> Where can I obtain information on the candidates from the Indian Ocean
> region? I'd also like to know if the candidates should be citizens of a
> country in the African region. There is no mention of citizenship in the
> "eligible candidates" [1] section of the BoD election process.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ish Sookun
>
> [1] http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/elections/bod-election/process

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496