[rpd] Routed block of IPs to my internet connection

STEPHEN KWAME SENAYA ssenaya at uhas.edu.gh
Sat May 6 08:10:54 UTC 2017

Hello Eric,
Tutu has taking you straight to the point. That is the way to go. I was
part of the team that did same for my institution. All you need is a
justification of your request to afrinic through a well detail design
topology showing all users and resources.
I can help you design the topology if you need an assistant. Wish you all
the best

On Sat, 6 May 2017 at 07:50 Tutu Ngcaba <pan.afrikhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brother Eric,
>
> I do not think the Afrinic sell IP address perse.
>
> The afrinic can actually lease you for example the /24 ip address block
> which contains those 254 usable ip address which means they can help you
> with the project.
>
> Brother what you have to do is to contact the Afrinic hostmaster and apply
> for the /24 ip address block.
>
> You shall become the resources member of the Afrinic and you can only pay
> the membership fee everg year as you use the ip address the Afrinic
> allocated you.
>
> I think you can even ask the hostmaster of the Afrinic for Autonomous
> System Number ASN which is good also as ISP will easy advertise your new ip
> address block using you own ASN.
>
> But please contact the Afrinic as this is their job.
>
> Dont buy the IP address from your ISP or anyone as they will rob you
> expensive bill.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Tutu Ngcaba
> Kwazulu Techno Hubs
> South Africa
>

> On 6 May 2017 10:39 a.m., "Eric C. Kom" <eric.kom83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ​Good day Folks,
>>
>> I don't know if I am using the right forum for this question!
>>
>> I have an Internet Service Project that would need a block of IP
>> addresses between 100 to 200 addresses.
>>
>> As far as I know, local ISP in South Africa do not provide Internet
>> Connection with more than 5 Static IPs per package.
>>
>> My question is, if I buy block of IPs from AFRINIC; how can I routed
>> those IPs to my Internet Connection?
>>
>> It is possible to do so?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Eric Kom

Best Regards

Stephen Kwame Senaya
Systems Analyst (ICT)
University of Health and Allied Sciences
Web: www.uhas.edu.gh
Tel: +233 244216036
Skype: senayastephen