[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

Dewole Ajao dewole at forum.org.ng
Thu Apr 20 23:33:43 UTC 2017

Not to add to or take away from the validity or otherwise of your
arguments, but so that we don't confuse RPD newcomers, SM:

The decision for a policy proposal to become a ratified policy only gets
into the hands of the board, *after* (some revision of) it has
successfully reached rough consensus with this PDWG community in online
discussions, a public policy meeting, and the final proposal draft has
gone through a period of last call for comments. If there is no
community consensus to proceed, the board has no decision to make.

See
http://www.afrinic.net/library/policies/1829-afrinic-consolidated-policy-manual#PolicyDevelopmentProcess
or if you like,
http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/251-policy-development-process-in-the-afrinic-service-region-afpub-2010-gen-005