[rpd] Fwd: [governance] Statement and clarifications of ISOC Cameroon on the Internet shutdowns in Cameroon

Tutu Ngcaba pan.afrikhan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:37:10 UTC 2017

Dear Brother Arsene,

We thank you for the sharing of this email from that members of ISOC
Cameroon.

I read through their statement and this is one importance of the ISOC
chapters as there roles is to work also with the government to promote the
internet but also engage in situations like today where the internet was
shutdown.

Its good that the approach to meet and talk to the government is initiated
by the ISOC team in Cameroon and this way of engagement is good for the
internet governance.

We hope the ISOC chapter and government with more stakeholder shall discuss
and resolve and restore the internet as already the situation is with
politicals reasons.

Why shut if before it was not shutdown.?

We must also learn from the reasons why the government did shut. This is
why politics you left to the politicians but we must engage them through
deliberation.

Best Regards,

Tutu Ngcaba
Kwazulu Techno Hubs