[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Tutu Ngcaba pan.afrikhan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 11:46:50 UTC 2017

My brothers happy Easter,

The Afrinic CEO already discuss about the planning of the open discussion
in the Nairobi at AIS conference.

So my brothers let us discuss all open during this the meeting as our
government officials will be there and our technology people too.

The Afrinic can share more topics too about the challenges as some brothers
here said the shuts cost economic damage.

But you know also they governmemt can ask the private isp to give internet
to the president. They government can even use the satelite like one
project in our village. The satelite gives internet also from people from
America so even if the Afrinic can implement such bad policy, the
government will just laugh at the Afrinic.

I know the government people can even use the 3G internet on their mobile.
They can even ask the isp to give them NAT internet if the Afrinic is
saying no IP address to the president office. The ISP will panic not to
loose the license for ISP and it will make president office have internet.

Like i make some research and in the country of North Korea they have
strict internet and they get from the China. This is power of government
when you want to use force to the government.

Even in the UK  i read the government there has the power to shuts the
internet.

So this topic only open discussion which involve our government can make
aware that some impact if they shut but there ia other solutions if the
governmment is afraid with national security due to the internet.

Best Regards,

Tutu Ngcaba
Kwazulu Techno Hubs
South Africa