[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

SamiSalih sami at ntc.gov.sd
Thu Apr 13 21:14:17 UTC 2017

Dear Community,

Dear members,

Please be assured that the PDWG Co-chairs are following ongoing conversations regarding internet number resource policy proposal drafts.

Policy proposals are posted to the rpd list so that community members can discuss and help authors refine their drafts to the point where the problems they seek to solve can be addressed by a more refined proposal document (if indeed there is a problem). Of course there is also the alternative scenario in which the community fails to move forward on a proposal.

PDWG members should do what they can to help everyone see the ramifications that proposal authors possibly did not consider in their drafts. If all contributions are made without prejudice, the community will end up with a more robust policy proposal (if indeed the problem can be solved by policy and the authors are willing to incorporate reasonable input).

It is unreasonable to expect the co-chairs to dive into commentaries at every turn; neither is it good for the flow of conversation.

Healthy discussions are ongoing and we hope that proponents and community members continue to engage respectfully for the good of the Internet and our region.

Again, we would like to emphasize that any/everyone who is interested in policy is free to contribute in discussions regardless of location, elected position (with the exception of PDWG chairs), or employment. Keeping the discussions open helps us take advantage of everyone's perspectives.

That being said, it is you the community that ultimately decides on adoption, refinement or rejection of policy proposals. If there is no sense of acceptance by the community, a PDWG-originated proposal does not get sent to the AFRINIC Board for ratification.

We thank you all for your contributions and encourage you to keep the discussions going in a respectable and constructive manner.

Best Regards,

PDWG Co-chairs