[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 10:19:37 UTC 2017

**not hats**

On 13 April 2017 at 12:43, Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are talking about Internet cut-offs, and there is no impediment to free
> movement of people, if the Internet is cut off in Mauritius, a phone call
> would be enough for the person in charge of the redundant site to launch
> the traffic rerouting.

Your assumptions

a) That person in-charge of redundant site is in another country except
where AFRINIC HQ is.
b) That there's Human Resource redundancy
c) Continuous operation depends at normal capacity

Both assumptions are incorrect.

> Which is called a continuous action plan and Afrinic considering his size,
> and its importance should have one. Several mechanisms exist for this.

"Should" != reality
It's probably possible to design for any level of redundancy, IF you can
afford it. AFRINIC last time I checked is a non-profit whose major source
of funding is member fees. Any such costs will be borne by members.

--

Mukom Akong T.

LinkedIn:Mukom <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mukom>  |  twitter:
@perfexcellent

“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran