[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Wed Apr 12 14:17:35 UTC 2017

Hi Mark,

> For many years, I've viewed the Internet as the great equaliser.
>
> Any government that denies Internet access to its people should be
> "encouraged" not to do so. This Policy certainly goes in that direction.

I think it's a bit dangerous for us to try and make specific control/sanction mechanisms for governments.

I therefore propose to broaden this proposal up and not just include governments but everybody who takes away other's internet access on a large scale. I don't care that much if it's a government shutdown, a DDOS or a hijack. Why don't we refuse to give addresses to anyone who consciously takes away someone else's internet access? We might want to exclude entities that have to execute a court order, but otherwise...

Cheers,
Sander