[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 20:59:28 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> I must agree with Andrew in this. I think that when the gauging of consensus
> is in the hands of just two people, having those people collaborate on the
> drafting of a policy for which they must then gauge consensus is an
> unacceptable conflict of interest.

You have touched a topic of interest: conflict.

We have a case of a policy proposed by a member of the AfriNIC Board.
The same board approves the policy for final use. You too have a case
of members of the AfriNIC board expressing strong opinions on a policy
when this same board sits at the top of the policy approval process.

As silly as it sounds when some of these guys say they are acting in
different capacities other than as Board members, there is a
compelling need to address these glaring loopholes in the process to
stop this absurd abuse of the process by the people supposed to
protect and shelter it.