[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sun Mar 26 18:36:48 UTC 2017

Hi Honest,
At 10:23 26-03-2017, Honest Ornella GANKPA wrote:
>So there is nothing that says chairs cannot edit policies.
>Furthermore editing is different from authoring AND (editing) an
>administrative task which is under the scope of chairs' reponsibilities.

I served as a Chair in another entity.  There was an appeal against a
decision taken by the Chairs.  If anyone is interested in the
details, please see
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/spfbis/current/msg02167.html

The discussion on this thread is somewhat similar as it is about the
interpretation of what is written in the Policy Development Process
(PDP).  The interpretation is subject to appeal as described in
Section 6 of the PDP.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy