[rpd] LEGACY resources handling process

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Fri Feb 17 10:15:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am seeking to understand a bit more how the legacy resources are
handled within the AFRINIC region, since they are now explicitly
mentioned in the transfer policy process.

1.
The transfer policy implies a couple of mandatory changes to be made:

A)
The recipient will need to be under an RSA as an AFRINIC member.

B)
Recipient must justify the need for the space they want to receive.

C)
The resources will be converted to be like resources directly issued
by the AFRINIC.

2.
Has there been LEGACY resources change of hands declared to AFRINIC in the past?
Were the holders able to have the information updated in the AFRINIC
Database without being an AFRINIC member?

Those type of transfers as I understand are now not possible anymore
due to the transfer policy, correct?

3.
Company name changes and mergers and acquisition involving LEGACY
space holders, can those happen and have their information updated in
the AFRINIC database, or does the holder of the LEGACY space need to
be a member for their data to be up to date?

4.
How many prefixes and organisation are we actually talking about, I do
not know how to look up legacy Resources in the AFRINIC Database, so I
cannot say how many prefixes and organisation would be affected.

David Hilario

IP Manager

Larus Cloud Service Limited

p: +852 29888918  m: +359 89 764 1784
f: +852 29888068
a: Flat B5, 11/F, TML Tower, No.3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
w: laruscloudservice.net/uk
e: d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net