[rpd] Inbound Policy

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Mon Dec 12 20:05:48 UTC 2016

Hi SM,

Actually yes, I apologise.

In my view, no, because with an inbound policy IPv4 addresses are not “made readily available”.

Transfers on the secondary market are a commercial transaction, they cost substantial amounts of money, and currently prices for /16s are running anywhere from $525k to $980k dependent on the time and who you are approaching.  For an African entity to spend that kind of money bringing in space – believe me – V6 is going to be their first option unless they really need the v4.  We know that most the AfriNIC members are small to medium members – and to get the greatest V6 impact it is mass deployment by many members that needs to occur.  These members will not be using the inbound policy – because of financial constraints, so I don’t see the inbound policy having any impact on V6 deployment.

Andrew