[rpd] AFPUB-2016-V4-003-DRAFT02

Kris Seeburn seeburn.k at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 08:50:49 UTC 2016

Dear all,

As one of the co-authors i am adding my voice to saying, that we are looking forward to ensure that there is the required convergence so that we can ensure a working policy for the very good of the continent and community that we feel needs something that works.

So yes we are waiting for the way forward from the other friends and colleagues.

Kris

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 10:52 AM, Arsène Tungali <arsenebaguma at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Andrew and all,
>
> As a first time attendee, it was a pleasure to see how these discussions are being held and the passion that drives everyone when they are presenting their idea, what they truly believe is best for the community.
>
> It is wonderful to see how people are 'fightint' just because they think or not that such a policy should pass. I am confident that no one is doing what for a reason different from the one to benefit the community.
>
> I really hope now that we agreed for both authors to withdraw, we will hear of good news soon when a new merges proposal will be presented tonthe community.
>
> So, please do keep it up!
>
> Arsene
>
> -----------------
> Arsène Tungali,
> @arsenebaguma
> +243 993810967
> GPG: 523644A0
> Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo
>
> Sent from my iPhone (excuse typos)
>
> On Dec 1, 2016, at 8:10 AM, Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com <mailto:Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Following the policy meeting where the community requested that the authors of both soft-landing policies withdraw their respective policies and work together on a unified policy, and the commitments made to the community by both sets of authors of both policies, my co-authors and I are hereby unconditionally withdrawing policy AFPUB-2016-V4-003-DRAFT02.
>>
>> We will be reaching out to the authors of the other policy to see their exact position, and will communicate in the coming days on potential ways forward.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Andrew
>>

>> This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.
>> For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com <http://www.mimecast.com/>
Kris Seeburn
seeburn.k at gmail.com
www.linkedin.com/in/kseeburn/ <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kseeburn/>