[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Update to Resources review policy proposal

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Wed Nov 23 16:50:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

Saul Stein wrote:

[...]

> If the resources aren't used correctly, then a) they shouldn't have
> been allocated in the first place or b) the application was falsely
> justified – either way the member is then in breach of the RSA and
> that should deal with the problem

I don't want to speak either for or against this proposal. However, based on my experience working for a different RIR, I think second statement above is incorrect. However good a plan is, unanticipated issues beyond the control of the LIR can impact its deployment. When this happens, deployment might be slower than expected, in different areas than expected, or there could be some other change. A deviation from the plan shared with the RIR does not necessarily, in my experience, indicate a deliberate misrepresentation on the part of the requesting LIR.

It is my experience that deliberate misrepresentation is a rare deviation from the norm.

Kind regards,

Leo Vegoda