[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Update to Resources review policy proposal

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Nov 17 13:25:34 UTC 2016

Just to add to this as well –

The only authorized “transfers” right now are through mergers and acquisitions.

If a company goes bust – the space should be returned to AfriNIC – no question about it.

However, if a company ceases to exist due to an A&M, at the time of acquisition under current rules space can be transferred from the original holder to the new parent company – and consolidations such as this are well document and there is precedent for them.  I’ve been through this process several times and I can state categorically that the checks and balances in place on it are stringent and it is properly executed.

Andrew