[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Update to Resources review policy proposal

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Wed Nov 16 17:10:27 UTC 2016

Noah,

Eventually this may be true – but there is a lag gap between that happening and the space sitting idle – which has a cost.

Not to mention that if you actually attempted to recover the space from any large member – even if you had a 100% legitimate case to do so – where is the cost allocation for legal fees if they choose to fight it in court?  Yes, eventually AfriNIC could win the case – but only if there is money to fight the case in the first place.

And if you think any large member who actually had a need for the space, or had space, wouldn’t fight in court over it, let’s not delude ourselves.

As  I said, the implications of this policy run far deeper than what is being said, and I also STRONGLY question the motivation behind this policy – because I believe based on everything that I have seen and my own deductions around it that the current motivations are not being stated.  I cannot substantiate that, and I am stating very clearly that I am not stating it as fact, merely as opinion. Then again, isn’t that what this whole policy is about?  Being able to make unsubstantiated allegations while the member has absolutely no recourse against those allegations since by the policy he is never able to confront his accuser?

Andrew